Satellite Conventions expects everyone to do their part in keeping Covid out of the convention.
Subject to any further regulatory changes or guidance from Scottish Government, our policy is as follows:
- We expect all members to:
- Be (at least) triple vaccinated, unless medically exempt.
- Carry out a Covid-19 lateral flow test (LFT) before travelling to the convention.
- Take a photograph of your negative test result using a mobile phone or tablet and bring the photo to show Registration. We shall have a small supply of LFTs available in case anyone is unable to do this in advance and a designated area for testing. If anyone is medically unable to carry out an LFT, please contact us for advice.
- Not attend if displaying Covid symptoms or if they record a positive Covid test (even if they are asymptomatic).
- In addition, we strongly recommend that members:
- Carry out LFTs daily over the weekend.
- Refrain from attending if they have symptoms of any respiratory tract infection even if they have tested negative for Covid.
- Space themselves out in programme items (allowing that some members may need to occupy particular areas for access reasons).
- Wear face coverings in convention space when not actively eating or drinking, for the protection of others, especially if the room is crowded. Members who are exempt from wearing face covering are invited to wear a yellow lanyard (available from Registration).
- Consider upgrading to an FFP2 or equivalent mask, for their own protection, in particular if they have underlying health issues that make them vulnerable to infection.
If you have any further questions please drop us a note at COVID19@Eight.SatelliteX.org.uk
The Satellite 8 Committee